Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cute As A Button Cupcakes

Soo....I had spare time and was in a baking mood so decided well I don't want to tackle a cake and was just Googling designs when I saw this picture 
Buttons made out of fondant

I decided hey why not make cupcakes with buttons on them I thought that would look pretty cool. So I made vanilla cupcakes with just a basic recipe and made 24 of them so I could make lots cause I had alot of left over fondant still in the fridge...which I had made before.
1. I cut out circles to put on top the cupcakes with a cookie press 


2. Used a knife to put dots in lines in a stitching pattern to make it look like fabric 
3. Used my regular tip to cut out circles to look like buttons and then used the other side of it to press out the smaller holes..I liked the ones with the 4 holes...found they looked better personally 
Not my picture...but u get the idea 
4. Now I Put those buttons on top where I wanted them ...I decided I liked them best in the middle
5. Easiest way to get fondant to stick well and attach itself I find is by adding a little warm water..just brush a little on an stick it on...voila magic sortaaa. Anyways the finished product....


I was satisfied... you should try making them they aren't that hard
I also went one step further and made a koala holding a button...cause I could...yup
Pink buttons on the outside and a thicker button he's  holding onto ... and the koala is being held up with some spaghetti 

You can switch it up make it unique 

Be Original 

My little buddy...he's as cute as a button : ) get it....

Anyways that was what I accomplished on June 2nd 2013 I believe... I took them into work and hope they enjoyed it...anyways if you want the recipe or have questions just comment or somehow contact me I would be more than happy to answer them... Have a fantastic time till I get back sorry for the long post peoples


No comments:

Post a Comment